FIRST: WINNER of my class kit!! email me mflaum @ comcast . net to claim your prize/tell me where to ship it!! Winner is… Judy Czarnecki
Hooray for summer weather and fun. Girls have been having play dates, E has started soccer, we’re going to do one or two last summer vacation activities… wow. How time flies!! Can’t believe school starts next week. Today I thought I’d give a glimpse into what’s up here – 10 good things:
10. LOVING the Gymboree fall collections, that they are so perfect for Elizabeth + appropriate for girls (vs shortie shorts/crazy ass fashions I saw at Kohls!) + ON SALE this week! As school is starting next week, I’ll be making a trip to the mall asap.
9. WANT! Seriously was so hard to not buy these at Target the other day. They had so many good colors – and I do love my converse! I just couldn’t part with the $40 when I have a pair of plain grey ones that have life in them still. *sob*
8. New literary goodness from one of my top 5 authors: Jennifer Estep. This is a new series (YA), and it was a great read. My one complaint? I want MORE! Totally loved it. Her heroine is discovering that there is a lot more to magic and myth, and a lot more out there in the world than she ever believed…
7. Double take is coming!! http://www.bigpictureclasses.com/doubletake.php It starts in just over a month – I can not wait. So much fun teaching with the incredible Nic Howard – and anyone can come since it’s an on-line course.
6. I keep swearing I won’t get any new dresses… but then something like this shows up. I couldn’t resist this patchwork dress from ModCloth.com – love!!
5. While I am against re-makes of classic movies (and against all spin offs of Jane Austen fiction), I’m ok with taking a story and putting your own twist on it. In other words, I’m so very ok with Jason Momoa as the new Conan. Girlfriend movie night is set!
4. I found this photo/link to the girl who ate everything via pinterest. Turns out it’s a recipe from Ice Cream before Dinner blog – can’t wait to try!! S’mores cookies? OH YES PLEASE!! I have several hershey bars and a bag ‘o marshmallows just waiting to be used.
3. Speaking of Big Picture – I’m deep in development on one for early 2012. Week #1 is almost completed, and between the videos, all the color images in the handout, and all the detail I’m putting into it… well, I can’t wait to say more. If I disappear for a few days, this is why. So into the planning stages + figuring out what to feature.
2. Yes, we’ve been talking Disney over here again. Not sure when… but I’d be surprised if we can hold out more than 6-9 months more without a fix. We are such a Disney loving family. I LOVE this photo from the Disney Parks Blog. Reminds me of the magic of Disney…
1. according to the UPS man, tomorrow my www.StudioCalico.com August kit + add-on will arrive. yippeeee!!! I am very excited to dig in and create + play.
That’s my 10 good things at the moment, what’s new & exciting in your world?