I resisted Glee. Why?
- I hate it when fans of a show PUSH IT on others. It’s one thing to be like “oh yeah, I loved ___ on __” but to be all “May you HAVE to watch it. It’s the best thing EVER WATCH IT WATCH IT NOW”… well that’s obnoxious and I tend to run the other way.
- High School + singing? ugh. come.on.
- Also I have issues. Largely with people telling me things I MUST do or see.
Now if you’re a fan, perhaps from episode #1 please understand: I still love you dear friend. A LOT of my friends are “Gleeks” as they call themselves and I don’t love them less for it… even if they did make me avoid facebook + twitter on days when there was a new episode. Yeah, I just avoided all things Glee. So WHY did I watch it at long last?
My Netflix hit a “I don’t want to watch ANYTHING available in my queue” mood and so I threw it in. Just for fun and to see. I thought it might be mock-worthy. What did I think?
- Sue Sylvester is where it’s at. That greasy haired Glee advisor annoys me too! Squash him Sue! do it! (um, yeah I LOVE Jane Lynch. A LOT)
- I love musicals. I love dancing and singing stuff. I love that aspect of this show.
- The pregnancy drama/scandal/plots that ruled the first (13?) episodes? LAME. ANNOYING. OVER IT.
- Surprised at talent, all the hilarious bits snuck in here & there, and how much I enjoyed it.
- Wouldn’t call it “best ever” – but would strongly recommend and WILL be adding it to my fall must see TV line up. (With Modern Family, 30 Rock, Parks & Rec, and Community)
- Don’t like any of the “main” characters all that much, but it doesn’t matter. I don’t need to like them to like this (exceptionally well done) show.
- How stupid is it that they’re releasing the 2nd 1/2 of the season #1 until season #2 is about to start? LAME! ANNOYING! (angry wants rest of season NOW fan over here)
- I have less than zero interest in downloading any of their versions of any songs. Just don’t.
- If it were a romance novel then Puck would be leading man. The dark/broody/needs reforming dude? Always more interesting than the squeaky clean good boy. (duh)
- I don’t think it can last for endless years, I mean it’s based on these kids going through high school, but I hope they’ll keep quality up and make it good while it does last.
If they don’t give me any more preggo lame quasi-drama, if that psycho wife gets out of the picture… yeah I see myself continuing to give thumbs up.
Season #2 I’ll be watching. I will also be willing to cut you out if you annoy me too much. I’m ruthless with my TV. Ugly Betty, the Office, CSI… there have been a LOT of shows that I’ve culled in favor of newer/better/fresher talent. This is how I get more done – I’m not just watching TV every day!
Oh yeah, and you will NOT see me telling anyone they have to watch. Watch, don’t watch, wash your hair… it’s your evening. Use it as you see fit.
I may break into song and add in some choreography over here… don’t mind me.